Events in Houston and other Houston Events for Networking
- This event has passed.
Virtual RPA: Law and Risk Management
May 5 @ 5:00 pm - June 9 @ 9:00 pm CDT
DATE/TIME: 5/5/2022 4:00 PM GMT -6:00
CONTACT: Natalia Lara
About Law and Risk Management
Law and Risk Management presents information about torts, contracts, employer/employee relations, property rights, leasing and conveyancing, and environmental law and insurance. It also discusses the insurance market, different types of insurance policies, and the claims adjustment process. Reading this material will provide you with a foundation in the basic principles of law and risk management, thus helping you deal with everyday legal and risk issues surrounding your business.
Key topic areas:
conveying and financing real estate • contracts • property interests • premises liability • environmental law and concerns • employment relationships and agency • introduction to risk management • insurance company operations • principles of insurance and insurable risk • general liability insurance and employee benefit plans • loss exposures
Applies to: RPA® designation
Early Bird Registration – Member (February 25 deadline): $1,105
Regular Registration – Member (March 30 deadline): $1,305
Late Registration – Member (April 22 deadline): $1,505
Regular Registration – Non-Member (March 30 deadline): $1,605
Late Registration – Non-Member (April 22 deadline): $1,805
Class is held from 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm each day of course for a six week-long class.
Houston BOMA – BOMI Designation Course Policies:
• All fees must be paid at the time of registration by either check or credit card.
• A minimum of five registered students is necessary for the class. The class will be canceled if the minimum of five students is not met.
• Course textbooks will not be sent to students until payment is received and at least five students have registered for the course. Notification will be sent to students when the course book is available for an additional $56 for the printed course textbook. This class is an accelerated review class and students must review the materials before the start date of the class.
• Students are responsible for scheduling their exam. BOMI will send an email with instructions approximately one week before the class begins.
• Cancellations must be received in writing via email. All cancellations received within 60 days of the class date are subject to a $350 cancellation fee. If the student has already received the book when a cancellation request is submitted, an additional $200 cancellation fee will be assessed to cover the cost of the book.