- Our MissionThe Woodlands Area Chamber of Commerce serves as the pathway to opportunity for the Greater Houston business community. We work to improve the area’s economy by advocating for the business community, creating marketing and networking opportunities, serving as a professional and community resource and supporting local nonprofits.
- Greater Houston’s largest business organizationThe Chamber is made up of thousands of business and civic leaders who have joined together to promote jobs, economic growth and strong communities. As the largest business association in Greater Houston, we represent more than 1,300 area employers on the local, county, state and national level.
- Chamber events connect you for successWith more than 100 events every year, the Chamber is the most dynamic business association in The Woodlands area. Educational programs offer crucial business updates on topics including technology, marketing, and commerce. Prestigious business connections events help businesses make connections that count. Find out what’s going on at the Chamber at woodlandschamber.org/calendar.
- Make your mark on the business landscapeBecome a thought leader and engage with the Chamber’s member-only teams. These working groups shape the future for The Woodlands area business. They are the place to share your expertise, learn about key business issues, collaborate with peers, and lead growth for your industry. Explore Chamber teams at woodlandschamber.org/teams.
- Make your voice heard on legislation that affects your businessThe Chamber advocates for the business community at every level of government and acts on legislation and policy that can impact your ability to run your business profitably. Chamber Business Advocacy Council members are regularly invited to give policy feedback. Email Margo at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about our policy agenda.
- Get connected!For more information and membership information, call 281-367-5777, email email@example.com or stop by our office at 9320 Lakeside Blvd., Suite 200 in The Woodlands, Texas.
- Chamber HistoryThe Chamber owes much of its success to the countless number of business leaders who have donated their time and talent to the betterment of South Montgomery County.Watch the video below highlighting The Chamber’s legacy of leadership, including insights from founder J.R. Moore, Jr., Past Chairman Coulson Tough and U.S. Congressman Kevin Brady.
- 1978: Founded as the South Montgomery County Woodlands Chamber of Commerce (SMCWCC)
- 1978: Winn Sharp; Inaugural Executive Vice President
- 1985: Kevin Brady; President of South Montgomery County Woodlands Chamber of Commerce
- 1989: Launch of Education for Tomorrow Alliance (EfTA)
- 1996: Karen Hoylman; President & CEO of South Montgomery County Woodlands Chamber of Commerce
- 1997: Launch of Economic Development Partnership (EDP)
- 2004: The Chamber expands office space at 1400 Woodloch Forest Drive
- 2006: The Chamber’s Partners Program was created
- 2009: Education for Tomorrow Alliance (EfTA) becomes an independent 501 (c) 3 nonprofit
- 2012: Name changed to The Woodlands Area Chamber of Commerce
- 2014: The Chamber relocates to new offices at 9320 Lakeside Blvd. in The Woodlands
- 2015: J.J. Hollie; President & CEO of The Woodlands Area Chamber of Commerce
- 2016: Economic Development Partnership (EDP) becomes an independent 501(c) 6 nonprofit
- Lifetime Members
- Dr. Ann Snyder
- B. ‘Chic’ Chicoine
- Beverly Denver
- Brian Arceneaux
- Carol Gooch
- Congressman Kevin Brady
- Daryl W. Houck
- David Vogt
- Denise Wranischar
- Donna Daniels
- Doug Stuart
- Frank Robinson
- Janis Cornmesser
- Karen L. Hoylman
- Kenny Speight
- Linda Curington
- Loretta DuBose
- Marilyn Abercrombie
- Maxine Mueller
- Mike Karlins
- Nancy Wallace
- Ray Sanders
- Rob Eissler
- Rui Martin
- Sandra Vogt
- Wendy Bolz
- Special Events & Sponsorship Opportunities
- Throughout the year, The Woodlands Area Chamber of Commerce offers a variety of quality events and programs that focus on networking opportunities, business advocacy and professional development. Our calendar is updated frequently at woodlandschamber.org/calendar.
- AUGUST // Chairman’s BallThis themed event honors the outgoing chairman of the board and welcomes the incoming chairman. Guests can expect an exceptional three-course meal and an exciting evening of dancing and entertainment.Sponsorship Opportunities: $500-$10,000
- SEPTEMBER // Annual Meeting and Awards LuncheonAt the Annual Meeting and Awards Luncheon, The Chamber recognizes loyal members, board members, and team leaders, as well as the recipients of the Community Citizen of the Year, Chamber Volunteer of the Year, Diplomat of the Year, Top Influencer Under 40 and Chairman’s Award. The presentation of the awards follows The Chamber’s annual report while guests enjoy a seated lunch. Sponsorship Opportunities: $500-$7,500
- Demonstrate your company’s commitment to the legacy of The Woodlands Area Chamber of Commerce
- The audience in attendance includes community leaders, board members and general membership
- Estimated audience: 250
View Our 2021 Event Page (2022 Coming Soon): woodlandschamber.org/annualawards
Contact: Cyndi Alvarado, Vice President of Membership
- NOVEMBER // The Woodlands Area Business SummitThe Business Summit provides access to leading edge corporate resources which enables competitive and productive functioning, while maintaining a healthy business culture for all employees. In addition to hearing from keynote speakers, registrants are offered various topical tracks over the span of four breakout sessions.Sponsorship Opportunities: $750-$10,000Breakout sessions will cover topics that are important to new business owners, established businesses, and corporations ranging from:
- NOVEMBER // Putt, Pass & Chip Golf ChampionshipThis football-themed golf tournament is sure to rank as one of your most enjoyable rounds of golf all year. Join us for a scramble where mulligans and bubba drives are replaced with a football toss, yellow flag and first down all included in your extra point package. Sign up as a team or singles and have the opportunity to meet Chamber members at every hole. Wrap up the day with a festive reception. Sponsorship Opportunities: $100-$2,500
- Business Connection Events
- The Woodlands Area Chamber members are some of the most influential business people in the Houston area. Business connection events give you a chance to meet top business leaders, network with your peers and forge powerful partnerships for your business. Visit woodlandschamber.org/calendar for a listing of upcoming events.
- MONTHLY // Business After HoursThe Woodlands Area Chamber’s Business After Hours events are networking, perfected! The crowd is welcoming and business-minded. Chamber hosts curate the crowd to make introductions in a natural way and ensure all members and guests meet the type of people they’re looking to meet. It’s strategic, targeted and leads to authentic business connections.Contact: Cyndi Alvarado, Vice President of Membership
- MONTHLY // Meet the New MembersMeet the Chamber’s newest members at this complimentary networking social. New members in the first 90 days of their membership are invited to give introductions of their business and network with other members and guests.Contact: Cyndi Alvarado, Vice President of Membership
- MONTHLY // Networking BreakfastMake connections and share your company news with more than 120 influential business leaders before the workday begins. This monthly event provides the opportunity for members to give a one-minute “commercial” and for guests to provide their name, title and company name. For added publicity, members may arrive early to place promo materials in the takeaway bags and donate a door prize. Contact: Cyndi Alvarado, Vice President of Membership
- MONTHLY // Young Professionals NetworkTargeted to members, ages 21 to 39, the Young Professionals Network engages and develops the next generation of The Woodlands area business leaders. From socials and business advocacy events to seminars and service projects, YPN events help young professionals build relationships and cultivate skills and talent. For businesses, it’s a client development, and employee retention and growth tool. Contact: Margo McZeal, Director of Government Relations
- EVERY OTHER MONTH // Discovery DayDiscovery Day is designed to educate members on how to best use the benefits of The Chamber. New Members (or new team members) enjoy a complimentary breakfast while learning about member benefits, events and activities, committees and teams, advocacy options, marketing opportunities and using the Member Information Center. Contact: Cyndi Alvarado, Vice President of Membership
- MONTHLY // Diversity & Inclusion CouncilBackground: For more than 40 years, The Woodlands Area Chamber of Commerce has worked diligently to define who we are and what we do. One of our core values is “We treat everyone with honesty, integrity, and respect.” The Diversity & Inclusion Council informs and educates our business community through committed responsibility for sharing the value in our differences. Objective: One of the primary purposes is to make a positive impact on our community through Leadership, Integrity, Openness, Equity, Respect, and Accountability.Scope: The council strives to be an influencer of change as we encourage the freedom of ideas. The council’s focus is to develop campaigns and host D&I events to inform and educate our business community.
- Council Members: General Chamber MembershipContact: Margo McZeal, Director of Government Relations
- Additional InformationProspective Members: As you consider Chamber membership, you are welcome to attend up to three Chamber events prior to joining. After attending three events, we welcome your continued participation in becoming a member. Please connect with our Sales Team or firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about these opportunities.
Thank you for helping stimulate our local economies!
Is a Virtual Event Right for Your Nonprofit?
Managing Ourselves and Team During and After Crisis
Paycheck Protection Program Loans Overview presented by Terri Arora, Haynie & Company
U.S. Senator John Cornyn Video Teleconference on COVID-19 & the U.S. Small Business Administration
Together, we will make it through the Coronavirus pandemic!
U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo Addresses Members of The Woodlands Area Chamber of Commerce
Economic Outlook Conference | Event of the Year
Economic Outlook Conference | Why the EOC?
Economic Outlook Conference 2020 | Stuart Lapp
Economic Outlook Conference 2020 | Networking Opportunities
Economic Outlook Conference 2020 | J.J. Hollie
Economic Outlook Conference 2020 Trailer
Business Backs the Bonds | Chamber Board Member Tanya Bryan of Marsh & McLennan Agency
The Woodlands Area Chamber Vice Chair says safety and growth are top concerns at Conroe ISD
Linda Nelson Testifies in Support of Conroe ISD Bond at August 13, 2019 Special Meeting
Business Backs the Bonds | Chamber Past Chairman Nelda Blair
Business Backs the Bonds | The Woodlands Area Chamber Board Member Tanya Bryan
Business Backs the Bonds | The Woodlands Area Chamber Past Chamber Chairman Stuart Lapp
Business Backs the Bonds | The Woodlands Area Chamber Vice Chair Linda Nelson
The Woodlands Area Chamber Supports Conroe ISD's November 2019 Bond Referendum
The Pathway to Opportunity
Stuart Lapp Testifies in Support of New Conroe ISD Bond Proposal
2019 Economic Outlook Conference Sponsors
The Woodlands Area Chamber of Commerce Celebrates 40 Years of Leadership in the Business Community