Welcome to the Greater Houston Women’s Chamber of Commerce
Learn More About the GHWCC
A nonprofit business organization of highly influential and diverse women and men dedicated to the advancement and empowerment of women through avenues of leadership, education, advocacy, and mentoring.
THE GREATER HOUSTON WOMEN’S CHAMBER OF COMMERCE is the preeminent voice for the advancement and empowerment of business women across Houston, our nation and beyond.
The Greater Houston Women’s Chamber of Commerce is a nonprofit business organization of highly influential and diverse women and men dedicated to the advancement and empowerment of women through avenues of leadership, education, advocacy and mentoring.
We are the place where women do business in Houston. We provide women with a platform to make your voices heard and to build valuable business relationships. We provide opportunities to enhance your leadership skills. We advocate for your business with our legislators on the local, state and federal levels. We host educational workshops to help you expand or start your business. We educate our membership on the benefits of preventive healthcare. We engage dynamic executive women to build relationships, generate provocative ideas, thoughts and solutions to impact the future of healthcare. We provide unlimited opportunities for women and girls to develop and enhance their leadership skills with a strong focus on science, technology, engineering, arts and math (STEAM). We provide scholarships for our next generation of women leaders.
Our Houston on Board initiative has increased the number of women serving on public boards, and it continues to keep the conversation open between corporations and search firms to seek qualified women. We provide resources to educate women on the skills needed to be “board ready.” We have successfully spread our influence to Aberdeen, London, Mexico City, Barcelona and Madrid, encouraging business leaders to start women’s chambers of commerce and councils in their respective cities.
If you are not already a member of this dynamic chamber, we encourage you to join today and get involved. Our website is loaded with events, special features and topics of interest including leadership, marketing, branding, social media, volunteer opportunities and entrepreneurship. We encourage you to stay connected and be a part of Houston’s preeminent organization for the advancement and empowerment of business women across Texas!
3201 Kirby Dr., Suite #400
Houston, TX 77098
- In 1947, Alley Theatre was founded by Nina Vance, and to this day, women in leadership positions are integral to Alley Theatre’s success. During this season, our stages will feature exciting, original stories told about both triumphant and notorious women. In 2022, 55% of Alley employees identify as women and of those, 58% are in […]
- The GHWCC Baytown Chapter was excited to have a conversation with State Representative’s Ana Hernandez and Briscoe Cain at our legislators luncheon. Whitney Whitmire with Whitmire & Munoz moderated the discussion. We were thrilled to have the Mayor of Baytown, Brandon Capetillo, to join and support this program.
- The Houston Business Journal has named 105 women as honorees for the 2022 Women Who Mean Business Awards, recognizing women in leadership roles who have demonstrated excellence in their careers and community. The awards honor women across 12 industry categories plus the ‘Woman to Watch’ category. The criteria for selection included career achievement, contribution to […]
- There’s nothing that salt water can’t solve–whether that’s sweat, seawater, or yes, tears. Sometimes a cathartic cry really is the best medicine. And, in our humble opinion, movies provide an optimal means to bring you to the brink of tears. Thinking too much about your own life or the real world? Dangerous. Perhaps it’s better […]
- RISE GLOBAL WINNERS Every year, we choose 100 Global Winners and provide them with access to a lifetime of benefits as they work to serve others. Here, you’ll see our Winners and where they’re from. See Global Winners (risefortheworld.org)
- “Raising the Bar” by Artist Eva M. Storey Featured on 2022 Disability Employment Awareness Month Poster The Governor’s Committee on People with Disabilities (GCPD) is proud to announce the winner of this year’s Disability Employment Awareness Month poster competition! The posters are intended to spark conversations on the employment of people with disabilities in businesses […]
- espite there being two more women on The Forbes 400 this year, as a group the richest women in America are poorer than in 2021. The 58 women on this year’s ranking are worth a combined $535 billion, down by $29 billion from $564 billion last year. The biggest change came at the top. Read Full Article […]
- Troy Villarreal, HCA Houston Healthcare president, and Lisa Woods, vice president and ethics and compliance officer at HCA Houston Healthcare pose with the Ethisphere trophy. The hospital system is a 12-time recipient of this award. Ethisphere recognition honors companies demonstrating exceptional leadership and a commitment to integrity through best-in-class ethics, […]
- Business Owners, The H-E-B Supplier Diversity Team proudly presents our 12th annual and 3rd virtual Opportunity Exchange and Expo, which will take place on November 3, 2022. The theme for 2022 Opportunity Exchange and Expo is Growing in Community: Driven by Ownership with a focus on I.D.E.A.: Innovation/Invest, Develop/Discovery, Education, and Acceleration. The 2022 virtual […]
- The Houston Veterans Chamber of Commerce hosted a special event in partnership with Comcast Business with Chef Robert Irvine, Royal British Navy and Host of Restaurant Impossible. This HVC Member – Exclusive Event took place at the historic Buffalo Soldiers Museum. The luncheon kicked off with remarks from Vince Margiotta, Vice President of Comcast Business; followed by Comcast NBCUniversal […]