Welcome to the Greater Houston Women’s Chamber of Commerce
Learn More About the GHWCC
A nonprofit business organization of highly influential and diverse women and men dedicated to the advancement and empowerment of women through avenues of leadership, education, advocacy, and mentoring.
THE GREATER HOUSTON WOMEN’S CHAMBER OF COMMERCE is the preeminent voice for the advancement and empowerment of business women across Houston, our nation and beyond.
The Greater Houston Women’s Chamber of Commerce is a nonprofit business organization of highly influential and diverse women and men dedicated to the advancement and empowerment of women through avenues of leadership, education, advocacy and mentoring.
We are the place where women do business in Houston. We provide women with a platform to make your voices heard and to build valuable business relationships. We provide opportunities to enhance your leadership skills. We advocate for your business with our legislators on the local, state and federal levels. We host educational workshops to help you expand or start your business. We educate our membership on the benefits of preventive healthcare. We engage dynamic executive women to build relationships, generate provocative ideas, thoughts and solutions to impact the future of healthcare. We provide unlimited opportunities for women and girls to develop and enhance their leadership skills with a strong focus on science, technology, engineering, arts and math (STEAM). We provide scholarships for our next generation of women leaders.
Our Houston on Board initiative has increased the number of women serving on public boards, and it continues to keep the conversation open between corporations and search firms to seek qualified women. We provide resources to educate women on the skills needed to be “board ready.” We have successfully spread our influence to Aberdeen, London, Mexico City, Barcelona and Madrid, encouraging business leaders to start women’s chambers of commerce and councils in their respective cities.
If you are not already a member of this dynamic chamber, we encourage you to join today and get involved. Our website is loaded with events, special features and topics of interest including leadership, marketing, branding, social media, volunteer opportunities and entrepreneurship. We encourage you to stay connected and be a part of Houston’s preeminent organization for the advancement and empowerment of business women across Texas!
3201 Kirby Dr., Suite #400
Houston, TX 77098
- Business leaders in the Bay Area Chapter welcomed East Harris County Manufacturers Association’s Executive Director, MaryJane Mudd at their June meeting. This enlightening session taught us how to “Embrace New Beginnings” by taking risks, view our personal and professional lives through a positive lens, live with a purpose, and continue our passion for learning. Join […]
- Tandra Jackson, Vice Chair of Growth and Strategy at KPMG U.S. recently sat down with boardmember.com columnist Matthew Scott to discuss how continuing challenges caused by the Covid-19 pandemic and new disruptions from the Russia-Ukraine war could potentially affect board oversight of ESG risks in the supply chain. Ms. Jackson, who has an extensive background in risk, governance and technology advisory services and has […]
- The EU Will Soon Require 40% Gender Representation On Company Boards, But Where Does The U.S. Stand On Gender Equity In Boardrooms?The European Union has agreed on a landmark deal requiring that companies ensure at least 40% of their seats on corporate boards go to the “underrepresented sex,” which is typically women. The move comes after 10 years of stalemate over the proposals. Read Full Article (forbes.com)
- Betsy Cohen, a lawyer, financier and entrepreneur, has been smashing glass ceilings since Richard Nixon was president—and she’s not slowing down. Read Full Article (forbes.com)
- Daniel Goleman is a senior consultant at Goleman Consulting Group, author of the best seller Emotional Intelligence, and host of the podcast First Person Plural: Emotional Intelligence and Beyond. He is a regular contributor to Korn Ferry. In April, Jane Goodall turned 88 years old. The English primatologist and anthropologist—best known for her extensive studies of Chimpanzees—has been one of the […]
- June 2, 2022 – Doctors in the U.S. have successfully transplanted a 3D-printed ear implant that uses the patient’s cells. The first “bioprinted living tissue implant” went to a 20-year-old woman, who was born with a small and misshapen ear. The implant was printed in a shape that matched her other ear and “will continue to […]
- Courage, determination, passion, strength, and enthusiasm are some of the qualities that define a WOMAN. Eliza Lucas, a woman with a purpose, was the first female of the United States to take over her family business, at 16. And from then on, there’s a continuous list of women found at every corner of the world, […]
- Women had been making headlines this year before Women’s History Month rolled around. But this month alone, American women have made history at the Oscars, in the federal government and — perhaps most notably — in nomination hearings for a seat on the Supreme Court. Read Full Article (washingtonpost.com)
- Katya Echazarreta was once told: “That’s not for you.” Now she will become the first Mexican woman to travel to spaceKatya Echazarreta broke down in tears upon hearing the news: “My mom is going to go crazy!” She said after receiving a video call in which she learned that she would become the first Mexican woman to travel to space. She is a 26-year-old from Guadalajara, Jalisco, who moved to the United States when she was […]
- The U.S. stock market rout this spring tested the mettle of members of Forbes’ eighth annual list of America’s richest self-made women and pushed down the fortunes of these 100 super successful entrepreneurs, executives and entertainers to a collective $111 billion, a 6% drop from last year. It also helped lower the admission cutoff to $215 […]