Welcome to the Greater Houston Women’s Chamber of Commerce
Learn More About the GHWCC
A nonprofit business organization of highly influential and diverse women and men dedicated to the advancement and empowerment of women through avenues of leadership, education, advocacy, and mentoring.
THE GREATER HOUSTON WOMEN’S CHAMBER OF COMMERCE is the preeminent voice for the advancement and empowerment of business women across Houston, our nation and beyond.
The Greater Houston Women’s Chamber of Commerce is a nonprofit business organization of highly influential and diverse women and men dedicated to the advancement and empowerment of women through avenues of leadership, education, advocacy and mentoring.
We are the place where women do business in Houston. We provide women with a platform to make your voices heard and to build valuable business relationships. We provide opportunities to enhance your leadership skills. We advocate for your business with our legislators on the local, state and federal levels. We host educational workshops to help you expand or start your business. We educate our membership on the benefits of preventive healthcare. We engage dynamic executive women to build relationships, generate provocative ideas, thoughts and solutions to impact the future of healthcare. We provide unlimited opportunities for women and girls to develop and enhance their leadership skills with a strong focus on science, technology, engineering, arts and math (STEAM). We provide scholarships for our next generation of women leaders.
Our Houston on Board initiative has increased the number of women serving on public boards, and it continues to keep the conversation open between corporations and search firms to seek qualified women. We provide resources to educate women on the skills needed to be “board ready.” We have successfully spread our influence to Aberdeen, London, Mexico City, Barcelona and Madrid, encouraging business leaders to start women’s chambers of commerce and councils in their respective cities.
If you are not already a member of this dynamic chamber, we encourage you to join today and get involved. Our website is loaded with events, special features and topics of interest including leadership, marketing, branding, social media, volunteer opportunities and entrepreneurship. We encourage you to stay connected and be a part of Houston’s preeminent organization for the advancement and empowerment of business women across Texas!
3201 Kirby Dr., Suite #400
Houston, TX 77098
Email: [email protected]
- Dear Friend, All Eyes on Texas: Community Colleges Focus on Preparing the Workforce of Tomorrow, published by the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, examines the role community colleges can play in workforce programs and career and technical education and notes that this requires operating in partnership with business to provide an agile and timely response […]
- The GHWCC congratulates Kimberly Ann Shoemaker on her 30 years of service to the taxpayers of Harris County.Kim and her fellow co-workers were presented with their Certificate on Merit for their milestone years of service on January 25 at a ceremony held in the Harris County Administration Building. Wendy Caesar presided over the hour-long recognition ceremony in Tax Assessor-Collector Ann Harris Bennett’s absence. Kim is the […]
- Congratulations to our members who made the top 25! Capital One Comcast Deloitte Hilton Marriott PwC See Full List (greatplacetowork.com)
- The year is all set for a great start. Here are 10 female business owners who are worth keeping an eye on in the coming year. These women have made a name for themselves through their businesses, and they show no signs of slowing down. So if you’re looking for some entrepreneurial inspiration, look no […]
- HOUSTON (Feb. 2) – Lone Star College experienced a 3% increase in spring enrollment from a year ago, going against a nationwide trend. LSC reported 80,595 enrolled students in spring 2023 compared to 78,463 in spring 2022. “The last few years have been challenging, but I am very pleased that students continue to put their […]
- BLACK HISTORY MONTH | ALBERT AND ETHEL HERZSTEIN THEATER Genealogy Workshop: The Search for Lost Relatives after Emancipation Saturday, February 11 | 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Celebrate Black History Month at the Museum as we explore the practice of formerly enslaved persons writing letters to the Freedmen’s Bureau and placing ads in newspapers hoping […]
- On the 50th anniversary of Title IX, a look at 10 notable women’s sports figures and events with Texas ties that came before. Read Full Article (chron.com)
- There’s a paradox in women’s career paths as we cross from 2022 to 2023. Or, maybe the economy is starting to catch up to the unique value of how women lead. Even as a record number of women walked out of their jobs, more women are finding their way to the C-Suite than ever – paving a […]
- Meet our GHWCC Member, Kim Roxie, Founder of LAMIK Hi Beautiful, Welcome to LAMIK! In college, I worked as a makeup artist at the mall. I loved helping women discover their natural beauty. I felt a calling to work in the beauty industry and dreamed of creating a makeup line. But when I researched the […]
- Sarah Magruder is the founder, owner, president and CEO of Houston-based Savvy Oil & Gas Consulting, a company that specializes in severance tax and federal, state and sovereign royalties. Challenging industry norms, she launched her women-led consulting business in 2019 and has since invested in recruiting talent to build a highly experienced team that serves […]