Events in Houston and other Houston Events for Networking
- This event has passed.
Women in AI meets Formula Trinity
April 28 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm CDT
Following Formula Trinity Autonomous and Women in AI Ireland’s recent partnership comes their first collaborative event. On Wednesday April 28th join us between 7pm-8:30pm for an insightful panel session on AI, data science, and robotics moderated by Katie Kilroy and Katherine Hardgrave from Formula Trinity.
The aim of this session is to highlight the growth and opportunities for women in the AI industry. The speakers are from different areas of AI from robotics to data science and autonomous driving. We are going to explore:
- Opportunities in robotics, autonomous vehicles, data science
- What has been the speakers experience in their career path
- What support is available for women interested in pursuing a career in AI
- Niamh Donnelly, Co-founder of Akara Robotics. Niamh Donnelly is a co-founder of Akara, a robotics and AI spin-out of Trinity College Dublin. Niamh holds a Bachelors degree in Engineering and a Masters in AI and Machine learning. She has previously held engineering positions at Etsy and Syze (AI start-up based in Dublin) and has also worked as an AI consultant at Krisolis. She has won national awards for her AI research and was recently named by Silicon Republic as one of “20 women doing fascinating work in AI, machine learning and data science”. At Akara, Niamh oversees the development of artificial intelligence and machine learning. She played a key role on the development and validation of the ‘Stevie’ robot, which featured on the cover of Time magazine in 2019. Niamh is currently leading the development of the autonomous navigation of ‘Violet’, an autonomous robot being created by Akara to disinfect frontline healthcare settings.
- Letizia Mariotti, Computer Vision Research Engineer, Provizio. Letizia Mariotti studied Physics and Astrophysics at the University of Trieste (Italy), achieving her PhD in Physics from the National University of Ireland, Galway, in 2017. Letizia has subsequently been working as a computer vision research engineer in the automotive industry since 2017, first in Valeo and now as a member of Provizio.
- Alessandra Sala, Ambassador at Women in AI Ireland, and Director of AI and Data Science at Shutterstock. A Research and Scientific Leader in Artificial Intelligence, Alessandra is the Director of AI and Data Science at Shutterstock. Alessandra has over 10 years’ experience in research and innovation gained whilst working in academic and commercial environments. Alessandra is passionate advanced analytics, machine learning, and computational models with the focus of transferring innovation from research to products.
As Ambassador of Women in AI Ireland (a non-profit do-tank working towards gender-inclusive AI that benefits global society) Alessandra has fostered the largest AI community of women and minorities in Ireland providing means for growing knowledge and expertise thanks to the strong support of the government, academia and private enterprises.
The conversation is followed by Q&A with the audience.
Formula Trinity is a student-run and led organisation with the mission to equip Trinity College Dublin students with the necessary practical skills to build an autonomous vehicle.
Visit Formula Trinity website at: http://formulatrinity.com/
Visit Women in AI Ireland LinkedIn showcase page at: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/women-in-ai-ireland
www.womeninai.co – Join us! Women in AI is the first global community for women in Artificial Intelligence with over 3,000 members in 90 countries. We aim at shaping gender-inclusive AI that benefits global society by increasing female representation and participation in AI. Our global platform empowers female AI-visionaries and practitioners by providing access to educational resources, networking opportunities, and hands-on support, while accelerating a community of global pioneers in the field of Artificial Intelligence.