Events in Houston and other Houston Events for Networking
- This event has passed.
Color of COVID
April 27 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm CDT
The pandemic has created unprecedented challenges for all small business owners, yet people of color have been disproportionately affected by COVID, in both health and wealth. In this panel, a diverse group of Dallas-area leaders will discuss the challenges and economic impact felt by people of color, offering both guidance and inspiration.
We will also spotlight small business owners and hear their stories of how they have dealt with the crisis. All have worked hard to survive, despite the extreme challenges of these difficult times. Some entrepreneurs pivoted their product line or began offering different services. Some persevered by taking their business online, while others changed their way of doing business. Be inspired by those who are thriving despite the pandemic!
- stories of businesses that have grown stronger during the pandemic
- introductions to diverse local business leaders
- insights on local guidelines and best practices
- inspiration for you and your business to survive and thrive!
Panel of speakers include:(pictured below)
- Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins,
- Katrina Keyes, Dallas Black Chamber, Vice-Chair of Board of Directors, and CEO, K Strategies
- Gabriela Carvallo, Vice President of Economic Development, Greater Dallas Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.
Spotlighting area women business owners and clients of the WBC – DFW who will share stories of how they have survived and thrived.
About the WBC
The Liftfund Women’s Business Center is dedicated to supporting entrepreneurs, especially women and minorities. Click here to learn more about the Women’s Business Center.
The LiftFund Dallas/Fort Worth Women’s Business Center is funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration.