Events in Houston and other Houston Events for Networking
- This event has passed.
AUSii Series: Leading the Transformation of EPC in a time of Energy Transition
April 21 @ 11:00 am – 11:45 am CDT
Join our guest speaker, Geeta Thakorlal, President Digital & Energy Transition (Worley), as we explore the challenges of leading the transformation of EPC in a time of energy transition.
– What is it like to be a leader at the intersection of the EPC industry and the Energy Transition?
– How is sustainability reshaping the EPC business?
– How does an EPC company participate in the decarbonization of the energy system and a lower carbon future?
Moderator: Christina Staib, Board President, Australian American Chamber of Commerce
Geeta Thakorlal is the President of Digital and Energy Transition at Worley, a global provider of professional services and asset solutions to the energy, chemical and resources sectors. In this role her responsibilities are both internally and externally focused and include:
– Accountability for the growth and performance of the digital portfolio across the organization
– Advocating and sponsoring the Worley group focus and position on the global energy transition
– Driving and accelerating the energy transition and digital strategies by addressing industry problems around energy transition and digital transformation and future proofing organizations. To do so, she is bringing together industry partners, Worley deep domain expertise, focused products, innovative approaches through data science, automation and transformational technologies to support the Worley business and our customers transformations.
Prior to this role, Geeta held various positions across Worley after joining in 2011 including her last role as President of Intecsea, the group’s global specialist offshore deepwater division, focussed on improving business performance, implementing enabling technologies to deliver higher returns and driving collaboration and closer alignment with the parent. Her other roles as SVP for Advisian, Worley’s global advisory and consulting group, included standing up the global Upstream, Midstream, LNG consulting service line for Advisian, the group’s global advisory and consulting group.
During her 10 years at Worley, Geeta has built a reputation for her inspirational and humble leadership, leading through influence, focusing on customer centricity, talent identification and development and ability to drive change effectively.
Geeta brings extensive global experience across the energy sector, primarily in upstream oil & gas process safety, risk assessment and asset development, a drive and energy to push boundaries, a diverse perspective and strategic thinking with a pragmatic and practical approach. She is a multi-faceted strategic leader and has extensive experience in delivering results, working with and strengthening alliances with stakeholders and partners and is known for her ability to build successful, cross-functional, worldwide teams.
Geeta is the Chamber of Minerals and Energy (CME) 2014 winner of the Women in Resources People’s Choice award and the 2014 Finalist of Outstanding Women in Resources. Geeta is also the 2015 winner of Consult Australia Champion of Change, Female Leadership award and a winner of the Houston Business Journal, Women Who Mean Business in Energy Award in 2017.
She is a Worley executive representative for the Energy Transmission Commission and the Greater Houston partnership Digital Committee.
Geeta holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Chemical and Materials Engineering (University of Auckland, NZ) and is a Fellow with the Institute of Chemical Engineers, the Institute of Engineers Australia and an Affiliate member of the Australia Institute of Company Directors.
|Starts||Wed Apr 21 2021, 11:00am CDT|
|Ends||Wed Apr 21 2021, 11:45am CDT|