Events in Houston and other Houston Events for Networking
- This event has passed.
Academic WorldQuest : International Trivia Competition
February 23 @ 4:30 pm - 8:00 pm CSTFree
A competition for high school (9-12th grade) students!
What is ACADEMIC WORLDQUEST?
Academic WorldQuest is an exciting game of international trivia for high school students, played in teams of four, with 10 rounds of seven questions. Answers are submitted by teams, not individuals. It’s a great way to test your knowledge of international issues. Anyone can participate free of charge and teams can be formed by schools or SWAC clubs!
How do you play?
The game will be played virtually in 4 rounds of eight questions. Each round the questions will be read and then each team will be sent to a breakout room for 1 minute to answer each question. Once the time has expired you will return to the main room for the next round of questions and answers. Answer are submitted at the end of each round. The trophy goes to the team with the highest number of points. In the event of a tie, a tie-breaker question will be played.
What questions will be asked?
WorldQuest tests your knowledge of international issues. Questions will focus around international politics, current events and foreign cultures around all corners of the globe!
Coaching a team is easy!
• Assemble a team of 4 students
• Assist your team in studying the sources listed on the online Study Guide – all questions come from these sources!
• Attend the local virtual competition on February 23rd
• If your team wins, attend the National Competition in Washington, DC in April 2021
• Prepares for future international studies and careers in the global economy
• Topics are compatible with and enhance the study of many existing curriculums and AP courses
• Possibility of attending National Competition weekend in Washington, DC
• Contributes to the national Common Core State Standards Initiative by fostering reading comprehension skills for informational text[/et_pb_text][et_pb_text _builder_version=”4.7.7″ _module_preset=”default”]
2021 Academic WorldQuest Topics
- Global Protests
- Shifting Sands: The Arab Spring 10 Years On
- International Labor Organization
- The U.S. Foreign Service in the 21st Century
- Great Decisions
- Country in Focus: Uzbekistan
- Exploring Peace in a World of Conflict
- Fraying Alliances
- Looking to a Post-Pandemic Economy
- Current Events
Events in Houston for Networking, Houston Events for Young Professionals, Networking in Houston! Find What to do in Houston, Houston Meetups, List of Houston Business Groups, Directory of Houston Organizations, Other Events in Houston, and Houston Event Organizers