Project Management, Operations & Business Development Professional
Whether I’m assembling an Ikea desk or growing a new business, I am someone who thrives in environments where I can put plans into action and project manage them to completion.
During the past 15+ years, I have had the opportunity to serve as either an early employee or founder of four different early-stage companies providing critical support in the areas of operations, sales, marketing, and business development. For me, the intrinsic appeal of the startup world has been the ability to work and become intimately familiar with the inner workings of a variety of industries including outpatient surgery, solar energy, minimally invasive cosmetic procedures, and currently, artificial intelligence at InformAI where I serve as VP of Business Development. Within this position, I have been able to nurture new relationships with some of the largest brands in healthcare to integrate AI into their workflows.
I am at my best when provided with a challenge and tasked to make it happen. I enjoy creating efficiencies, enhancing stakeholder communication systems, mobilizing teams, and employing the strengths of others to reach a common end goal. Off the field, I am energized in similar ways, whether it is pushing the boundaries in my drumming style or embarking upon unique art projects. Variety and challenge are key motivators for me, and I seek to incorporate them into all facets of my life.
Strategic Planning • Project Management Professional • Cross-Functional Team Leadership • Automation •
C-Suite Client Relations • Operations Management • Data Analysis • Process Improvement • Technology Implementation • Contract Negotiation • Budget Control • Reporting • New Business Development • P&L Management • Change Management • Program Management • Stakeholder Engagement • Microsoft Office Suite • Microsoft Project
VP, Business Development
November 2018 – Present
VC-backed early-stage Artificial Intelligence software startup company
providing customized artificial intelligence diagnostic healthcare applications.
Recruited to drive startup demand, raise venture funds and manage business
development. Cultivated critical AI development relationships with leading
medical device companies, healthcare platform companies, and prominent
Texas Medical Center institutions.
NuMe Express- On Demand Skin Care Services
Vice President, Operations
2013 – 2017 (4 years)
Corporate- Houston, TX
Angel-backed early-stage on-demand services company. Provided ground-up business development and establishment including business plan development & pro forma, investor funding, and operational / technology infrastructure implementation. Built cross-functional teams comprised of a medical director, chief compliance officer, clinical administrator, independent nurse practitioners, web developers, marketing, sales, and administrative personnel.
Acro Energy- Residential Solar Sales, Financing and Installation
Vice President of Operations
2009 – 2013 (4 years)
Houston, TX and California
Led consolidation of CA-based assets from siloed structures into single
corporate entity achieving $18M in revenues to become a top 10 national solar
integrator after 1.5 years through acquisitions, aggressive sales growth targets
and implementation of installation efficiency processes.
Nobilis Health Corp.
Vice President of Operations
2001 – 2008 (7 years)
Led construct of de novo ambulatory surgery center from concept to launch
obtaining $40M revenues and 30% operating margins within 2 years. Provided
operations governance expanding a single-center into an acquisition &
management enterprise supporting IPO attainment on the TMX within 3 years
Pepperdine University, The George L. Graziadio School of Business
Master of Business Administration – MBA
Bachelor of Arts – BA, Communication and Media Studies
Licenses & certifications
- Project Management Professional (PMP)Issuing authority
- Data Analyst Pro – Expected Receipt Sep 2021Issuing authorityCodeAcademy
- Stephanie Victorian – EXPERIENCED HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL Brad demonstrates an innate ability to innovate, by fearlessly taking on challenges, and identifying the best solutions specific to achieving success. He effectively leads executive-level operations through sound strategic plans, and a superior work ethic that lends to his teams’ achieving improved productivity and profitability. It was a pleasure working with Brad during our tenure with Northstar Healthcare, where the foundation was set for the growth of a company now generating $350M in revenues per year. See less
- Clayton Moliver, MD, FACS – President at HOUSTON PLASTIC AND RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY Though I have been a practicing Plastic Surgeon for the past twenty six years, I have a significant amount of business experience through establishing my own surgical center, being the principal physician owner of 4 doctor, three office group practice, serving as past president of Temple Beth Tikvah twice, launching a successful skin care line, and serving as President and co-founder of Universal Updater. I first met Brad in 2013 when I was asked if I would consider being the medical director of a medical spa. I had done this before so it wasn’t a large leap. Then I met Brad. He presented to me what at the time would be the first of its kind mobile medical spa. Over the course of the ensuing 5 years I have grown to know Brad and become a business partner and close friend. I know Brad very well and have the business background to assess his capabilities. As anyone who might read this knows business start ups are difficult and extremely challenging. They are not for the faint of heart. I watched Brad throughout the life span of NuMe Express worked relentlessly with attorneys, marketing companies, medical professionals and paraprofessionals, vendors, clients, patients and investors. At every stage of the business and every turn of the business plan he displayed a high level of professionalism. He is a person that is very dialed in to details. And he carried a massive load of work to keep the overhead down while maintaining leadership, customer care and follow through. He managed multiple employees and made difficult business decisions weighing all the choices available. And he did it well. Several times during the development phase of the business Brad had to give powerpoint presentations to investors or the board. They were comprehensive and at the same time allowed him to drill down to specific questions from the audience. He was always well prepared to answer questions relating to finance, marketing, sales and even technical details relating to our motor facility. And in the field he never hesitated to get his hands dirty if needed. Early on he drove the NuMe facility vehicle, ordered supplies, talked with patients and worked with me as the medical director. He always had a clear understanding of the direction the company was going. I recommend Brad without hesitation. If you have need for a comprehensive business leader who will know all the details, jump in with both feet and never hesitate to roll up his sleeves and be a team player, then he is a great person to have on your team. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any further insights. His integrity is beyond reproach. See less
- Terri Loftus – VP of Sales Home Depot Exteriors If you are looking for someone that can perform well under pressure, meet tight deadlines, thrives in difficult situations, thinks creatively, and can focus on long-term objectives while they lead a team to get things done now, Brad Kovnat is your man! Brad was our VP of Operations at Acro Energy. He was one of our most instrumental team members providing creative ideas and solutions which led us to become one of the top 10 residential solar integrators in the country. Brad’s strongest areas of expertise are the ability to identify the “pain point” and quickly formulate a successful strategy to win. He worked tirelessly with our Operations Department to oversee several teams of solar installers leading to thousands of installations throughout California. I will never forget, and I am grateful for the opportunity to have been mentored by Brad. He is a valuable professional who is amazing at strategic planning, top-notch at project management, problem-solving, and able to lead others with fresh ideas. I highly recommend Brad and know he will perform above expectations in any executive position. See less